~ HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT ~


February 15, 2016

My Lesbian in Church Encounter... where apparently I was the supposed lesbian...

Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover...


Once upon a time, I cut my very beautiful and very long hair off...

When I say cut, I mean I essentially scalped myself. My hair was shorter than most men wear it now days, by the time I was through.

It was a very intentional and purposeful cut, for very personal reasons.

I tend to have these moments/ times/ seasons, of my life that I buck society and, well...

This was one of those days. 

THE DAY I WORE A FAUX HAWK TO CHURCH

That day, this nicely dressed older gentleman whom I have never seen in my church before, pulled me aside DURING praise and worship to tell me, "Your sins are forgiven and God loves you right where you are!"

He said more, but I was trying to sing and praise my Lord, so I tried to politely ignore him... He persisted through most of one of my favorite songs. Grrrrr...

I LOVED the message his words conveyed! The love and acceptance they seemed to share was greatness! But...

He made it very clear, by his ACTIONS not his words (his interrupting my prayerful worship), he believed I was a homosexual woman visiting our church... AWKWARD!!!

The WORDS he used were a wonderful message whenever partnered with mirrored actions, however; let me encourage you not to interrupt a person who is In the middle of Talking to the Big Man Himself, to make them feel out of place, uncomfortable and in my case, a little peeved... 

Not cool man.

In his defense, my hair was in fact spiked into a faux hawk and I was wearing jeans, boots and a button down... lol.

Sorry dude, I'm not gay... just a little odd and apparently I don't like to dress like a girl sometimes...

Point being, DON'T GET ALL WEIRD ON PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOU...

Click This Link for a story about two lesbians walking into church that really helped shape my worldview and inspired me to share my story.

-Have a blessed and beautiful day!



2 comments:

  1. funny, but awkward situation!
    Came across your blog during some down time at work.

    I remember, years ago, when I was single I had bought a house and moved all my stuff in. Later I found out that the whole town (pop 138) "knew" I was a divorcee. I told my neighbor that I had never been married, why would they think that? I was informed that no single woman ever buys a house on their own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your comment, two years later... lol. People can be so small minded sometimes. Thank you for sharing your experience!

      Delete