~ HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT ~


July 10, 2016

When The Boogie Man Attacks

We give the devil all this credit for being such a badass when he's already been defeated in God's dimension....

We give place to false beliefs of ourselves and others in response to his cunning ways. 

Sneaky snake!

Dead snake!

My heavenly big brother already stomped that head!

Testimony of the Goodness of God today:
My car wouldn't start. 
Sounds bad right? Turns out, it was a blessing in disguise. One of those strange things what ends up being a good thing even though it seems like it super duper sucks at the time... Yeah, one of those. 
I was pissed. The madder I got the worse the situation seemed... Worked myself up and was all sorts of angry over something I literally could do absolutely nothing about right at that moment. It's a Sunday & my tire shop isn't open... 
As my patient husband proceeded to diagnose and attempt to rectify the problem, I unclipped the baby and headed into the house, but before my feet crossed the threshold I felt a calm. 

Peace. 

I immediately recognized what my pastor is always going on about, that we're so oblivious to, as humans... The power of my emotions and the need to redirect my thinking. 

Whenever I CHANGED MY MIND. When I decided to be THANKFUL instead. That's when things changed. That's the moment the enemy lost his grip on my mind and I began to recover from my tantrum. 

I chose to be thankful my husband could do what he could, so I could take care of the baby. 

I later realized I have more to be grateful for... We have the money to purchase the replacement battery. Not all of my friends could say that if theirs went out...

More good:
My mom, a friend and our kiddos all plan to meet for the day at a water park, something we're all looking forward to, including the kiddos. That was why I was initially so upset. I hate letting people down, and especially my kiddos. 
THANKFULLY the car malfunctioned in my driveway, rather than in the big city, in 100* Texas heat, with my two little ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment