~ HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT ~


May 16, 2017

Have children, they say... it'll be fun, they say...

I've been incredibly blessed with two of the smartest, most beautiful little creatures God ever made, but let me tell you something; I've got my work cut out for me with these two!

One moment, my sweet little princess is hugging my leg and giggling up at me with her little dimples and curls, the next she's throwing herself face down onto the floor with a shrill that would rival a banshee because I picked up a pen from off of the floor, she wished to chew on. No joke.

Then there is her big brother. Says he's hungry, then refuses his chicken nuggets (his favorite meal) only to ask for a snack of chocolate pudding five minutes later because his "tummy is rumbly." This is of course after he had a meltdown over receiving the wrong colored cup to drink from.

I can remember hearing stories of "terrible twos" and "threenagers" and thinking, "Whatever, man! My kids wont be throwing themselves down and acting like that!" In my defense though, I'm pretty sure we're all parenting experts until we have our own children.

I find myself increasingly thankful for parenting forums, if for no other reason than to assure me that I'm not the only one barely hanging on to my sanity some days.

In all seriousness though, I'm so thankful for these little boogers. They've inspired me to grow more as a person than ever before, and shown me a depth of love I didn't know was possible.

Have children, I'd say... it can be fun, I'd say...

-Delanie

No comments:

Post a Comment