~ HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT ~


May 12, 2017

Wash your sink before you wash the dishes

Apparently this is totally a thing.

A friend and I were having tea and discussing the woes of parenting whenever she disclosed a dirty little secret to me, of her teenaged children, "They wont even do the dishes," she exclaimed, "They gripe that it's too much to have to wash the sink out first." This she claimed with a roll of the eyes.

I had to confess, with a burning face, "I have to say, in all honesty, I've never thought to wash out the sink before the dishes, but now that you say it, it makes total sense!"

How silly of me.

Truly though, I cannot count the times I've found myself in trouble for not doing something that I "should have known to do."

Common sense is NOT common.

Normal means an entirely different thing to me than to you.

Perhaps we'd do better to first explain what is expected to those we wish to lead in the proper direction.

I can assure you that since this conversation took place, in all confidence, I do now wash my sink before washing the dishes.

Strange what a careless word from another human can make you want to do.

-a reminiscent Delanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment